As Kim Barloso has outlined, blogs are an effective initiative for lawyers to generate new clients. Blogs help law firms position themselves as thought leaders, address emerging issues of importance to prospective clients, and generate more web traffic.
But lawyers should clearly understand that without promotion of their blog – they will fall short of their goal of greater recognition and more new clients.
As Mark Xavier Qadros details, there are a variety of methods which can be used to promote a blog.
The foundation of these efforts is the publication of consistent, high-quality content designed to address client issues and objectives. Beyond the content itself, blog authors can also:
- Optimize their blog for search so they will be more easily found.
- Use images in posts to increase their memorability.
- Build relationships with other bloggers in their niche.
- Repurpose content by creating new blogposts with old content.
- Build links to your blog via guest posts and media mentions.
- Build a strong network of branded social media profiles.
- Comment on other blogs.
- Email readers regularly.
- Contact people you write blogposts for (e.g., potential clients).
These are just some of the ways in which law firms can promote their law blog. As David Hartshorne explains, it’s advisable to begin promotion efforts with a few of these strategies – and add more as needed.
Experiment to determine what works and what doesn’t – and seek to learn about new methods which you can also integrate into the promotion effort over time.
If you would like to discuss how to improve your law blog with promotion, please use the contact form.