Below are representative examples of my experience in business development, writing, and publishing:
- Created custom content for use by an ASEAN-region boutique law firm for publication in a regional legal news publication.
- Researched and drafted topical articles for the leadership of Asia-Pacific region NewLaw firms.
- Researched and drafted topical articles for the leadership of international professional services firms for placement in domestic and international print and online media and trade publications.
- Provided a US private equity group with custom content for use on both digital and print platforms focused on institutional investors to middle market corporate executives.
- Researched and drafted topical articles for use by an online news magazine startup focused on business solutions for the US private equity industry.
- Assisted an ASEAN region elite boutique law firm establish a content marketing initiative focused on foreign investors. Efforts included research and drafting of topical articles.
- Provided the publisher of a US historical magazine with research and writing services in support of special publishing projects related to US federal government issues.
- Researched and drafted topical articles for online and offline use by a legal technology and outsourcing company in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Researched, drafted and edited written thought leadership publications for the managing director of an Asia-Pacific region-based international management consulting firm.
- Helped a fintech and blockchain association director and their venture capital sponsor prepare public commentary for a London conference for startup entrepreneurs and international investors.
- Researched and drafted topical articles for a Brussels-based public affairs consultancy on European Union public policy related to agriculture, technology and the environment.
- Provided outsourced editorial support to business communications initiatives by a London-based venture capital investor. Produced quasi-legal topical articles for an elite boutique German intellectual property law firm, including German and EU IP law and IP strategy.
- Produced long-form content blogposts and short form topical articles for a MENA and Asia-Pacific region Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) organizations. Topics included human resources legislation and trends in Poland, the Philippines, Germany, France, Japan, Vietnam, China, Korea, and Singapore, and opportunities for international corporate growth.
- Researched and drafted content for a new website for an American boutique investment bank.
- Researched and drafted written content for use on and off digital platforms for a corporate boutique law firm in Singapore.
- Researched and drafted written content for use on and offline for a boutique law firm in Tokyo specializing in infrastructure finance, governmental relations, mergers and acquisitions and trade and investment facilitation.
- Researched and drafted website content for a boutique Washington, DC public affairs consultancy focused primarily on federal legislative advocacy on behalf of domestic corporate clients.
- Researched, drafted and edited website content for the federal regulatory practice of a Washington, DC public policy and regulatory law firm.
- Researched and drafted marketing material including directory submissions for an international law firm on subjects including Brexit, environmental litigation and regulation, EU cyber-security, data privacy and data protection, US government contracts, impact investing, intellectual property, dispute resolution, US Federal Appellate and Supreme Court litigation, and venture capital, private equity and M&A.
- Provided editorial support to the managing partner of a southern California land use planning law firm in support of the firm’s publishing initiatives.
- Provided editorial support to an EU-based venture capital fund in support of the fund’s marketing and legal communications efforts.
- Provided editorial support to an online portal dedicated to remote work.
Media Relations Materials
- Researched and drafted media releases and provided follow-up media commentary for members of the California Legislature, British parliamentarians, EU-focused public affairs consultants, a US Am Law 100 law firm, an international non-governmental organization, an elite US communications consulting firm, US and European think tanks, US real estate development companies, regional boutique law firms, and management consultants to the legal services and corporate sectors.
- Researched and drafted substantive responses to media enquiries on legal market trends in the Asia-Pacific region for the managing director of a regional legal and compliance recruiter.
- Researched and drafted talking points for the CEO of a China-based multinational company on US-China bilateral trade and investment for presentation to a televised US think tank event on the same subject.
- Provided media relations support focused on media placement of thought leadership publications to a Brussels-based public affairs consultancy.
Custom Proposals and RFPs
- Researched and drafted custom proposals and requests for proposals (RFP’s) for the CEOs of multinational companies, small and medium-sized enterprises, heads of EU member state governments, senior government ministers in the MENA region, heads of national trade associations, heads of multilateral development banks and the managing directors of private equity firms, startup founders, hedge funds and funds of funds.
- Researched and drafted comprehensive market research studies for Asia-Pacific region boutique law firms and European and US law firms in support of their international strategic decision-making.
- Helped a London-based lawyer and specialist in sub-Saharan Africa infrastructure and finance law craft a custom written business development plan for a leading international law firm.
- Researched and drafted extensive corporate profiles for use by US lawyers in relation to international business development activities in Europe, the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) and Asia-Pacific regions.
- Helped a Central and Eastern European Region (CEE) attorney create a comprehensive written business development plan for a global law firm.
- Researched and drafted a report on Asia-Pacific region national economies and key industry sectors for use by an international law firm seeking to expand into the region.
- Researched and drafted semi-scholarly pamphlets, newsletters, website content and topical articles for US and EU think tanks.
- Researched and drafted semi-scholarly articles and pamphlets on behalf of British and European former senior cabinet officials and parliamentarians on European Union governance issues.
- Researched and drafted studies, legislation, proclamations, messages and correspondence on a wide range of domestic and international public policy topics on behalf of US state and federal legislators and one US President.
- Researched and drafted a speech for delivery before an international legal conference for the Managing Partner of an elite Asia-Pacific boutique law firm on China’s One Belt One Road initiative and its’ implications for law firm leaders in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Researched and drafted talking points for use by the managing partner of an Asia-Pacific boutique law firm for use before a major regional legal conference in a presentation on trends in ASEAN region alternative dispute resolution for foreign and domestic companies.
- Researched and provided public commentary on topics including US foreign policy, international trade and investment facilitation, international patent and trademark trends, and Asia-Pacific region economic and business trends, before European business and legal organizations, international law firms, international multilateral investment banks, international professional services membership organizations and online, print and broadcast media.
Books and e-books
- Researched and drafted a semi-scholarly e-book about European Union public affairs engagement for foreign multinational corporate leaders.
- Authored a semi-scholarly book on macro-economic trends and their application to the Asia-Pacific Region legal services markets for publication by a major European professional services sector publisher.
- Assisted a European-based legal technology startup create e-books focused on contemporary trends in law firm practice management.
- Co-authored a semi-scholarly book analyzing and providing prescriptions for the alleviation of communication challenges between different generations working within law firms.
- Helped a boutique tax and legal firm in the Maldives create an advanced digital marketing effort focused on expanding brand recognition and referrals in international markets.
- Assisted a Tokyo boutique legal and compliance recruitment firm establish a thought leadership position in international legal markets. Efforts included research and drafting of topical articles, content creation for — and management of — social media channels
- Assisted boutique law firms, legal recruiters, legal services sector companies, individual legal practitioners and law firm staff in the European Union, the United States, Africa, the Middle East and North Africa, Latin America and the Asia-Pacific Region establish and consistently maintain a variety of social media channels. Work focused on the dissemination of custom content to discerning audiences, market research, expansion of brand awareness, media relations and referral relationship cultivation.
- Maintained a practice-specific Twitter and LinkedIn account for an AmLaw 100 law firm.
- Maintained three Twitter accounts for an AmLaw 100 law firm, including the firm’s main account and two practice-specific accounts.
- Assisted a Vietnam-based boutique law firm establish a law blog dedicated to Vietnamese law for foreign investors, multinational corporations and domestic companies.
- Assisted an AmLaw 200 law firm partner establish a blog dedicated to a national market in the MENA region, including ongoing editorial direction and research.
- Assisted a Southern California boutique law firm specializing in corporate M&A and securities law establish a law blog dedicated to these and other related legal specialisms. Efforts included the research and drafting of quasi-legal topical articles.
- Assisted a Mexico City boutique law firm establish a law blog dedicated to Mexican telecom, energy and other domestic legal specialisms focused on foreign investors. Efforts included research and drafting of topical articles.
- Helped an international lawyer specializing in energy and projects law – establish and maintain a law blog dedicated to emerging markets law.
- Helped the managing partner of a boutique law firm in Africa develop and maintain a region-focused content marketing initiative utilizing written and video content.
- Researched and drafted quasi-legal written content for a Turkish law firm focused on foreign investor audiences. Proofread legal content produced by firm lawyers.
- Provided editorial direction for digital and offline content creation to law firms on subjects ranging from corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, SEC compliance, private equity, energy, international trade, trusts & estates, corporate insolvency, EU competition, US federal regulatory advocacy, China’s One Belt One Road infrastructure initiative, French corporate, Brazilian public procurement, post-Brexit foreign investment in the UK, Mexican energy and corporate law, Iraq oil & gas and infrastructure law, US Supreme Court appellate advocacy, Vietnamese corporate and finance law, Malaysian cross-border trade and investment facilitation, Ghanaian financial services, infrastructure, fintech, foreign investment, impact investing, transportation, and drone regulation, Turkish corporate, infrastructure, foreign investment, and tax law, and German and European Union Intellectual Property Law.
- Edit and publish a blog and social media channels on topics related to the business of law in the Asia-Pacific region legal markets.
- Identified and assisted the practice group leader of an AmLaw 200 law firm secure a multi-billion dollar publicly traded global energy corporation as a new client in relation to complex legal and governmental advocacy assistance in the Middle East & North Africa region.
- Assisted an Asia-Pacific region boutique law firm develop a sophisticated, comprehensive business development plan aimed at securing new clients from prime sources of foreign investment.
- Helped the managing partner of a Hong Kong boutique law firm create a new custom business development and marketing plan focused on international markets.
- Conducted a business development audit for an ASEAN region boutique law firm and provided ongoing counsel on the implementation of the plan.
- Helped a London-based lawyer and specialist in sub-Saharan Africa infrastructure and finance law create a business development plan for a leading international law firm.
- Helped a Central and Eastern European Region (CEE) attorney create a business development plan for a global law firm.
- Provided strategic counsel to a Mexico corporate attorney on strategies for building a foreign client base.
- Assisted the CEO of an Eastern European legal services sector technology company identify and engage with senior law firm management executives in Europe.
- Identified and assisted a Washington, DC-based SEC law partner secure a foreign trade association in need of partial exemptive relief from the extraterritorial application of a US regulation.
- Identified and assisted a Washington-DC based trade law partner secure a foreign sovereign prime minister as a client for assistance with correcting outdated tariffs being applied to exported goods to the US.
- Identified and assisted the managing partner of a Brazilian public procurement law firm secure US corporate and Canadian SOE clients seeking public sector contracts in Brazil.
- Identified and assisted a US federal public policy law practice group secure overseas financial services clients in need of US compliance assistance.
- Identified and assisted US federal marketing and Gulf States law practice groups secure Japanese and other East Asia-based clients in need of assistance in securing US and GCC public and private sector contracts.
- Identified and assisted a US law firm partner secure a large European energy provider seeking to secure US public sector contracts.
- Identified and assisted an EU public affairs consultancy secure US corporate clients seeking EU public contracts via engagement with decision-makers both in Brussels and within EU member state capitals.
- Identified and assisted a US litigation practice secure a European corporate client in need of a liability audit prior to entering the US market.
- Identified and assisted a US middle-market focused investment bank secure US clients in need of debt, equity, restructuring and valuation services.
- Identified and assisted an EU corporate law practice secure a corporate client in need of M&A counsel for making a cross-border EU acquisition.
- Identified and assisted a US Intellectual Property (IP) practice secure a European corporate client in need of an IP audit prior to entering the US market.
- Identified and assisted a Mexican corporate law firm managing partner identify and secure a European corporate client in need of legal counsel related to the establishment of operations in Mexico.
- Assisted US private equity groups establish EU operations and identify acquirable assets across a broad spectrum of sectors, revenue profiles and geographic locations within the EU.
- Provided training and coaching to international lawyers and legal marketing & business development professionals on fundamentals of international and domestic legal business development.
- Initiated and developed referral relationships with professional services providers in those in China, Japan and the ASEAN region for US international law firms.
For more information or to arrange a discussion, please complete the contact form.